On November 8, 2012, I was cooking me some lunch in the microwave, good ol’ manicotti, and I was taking the food out of microwave to sit on lap to move to the table to eat, when it slipped out of my hands into my lap. I almost screamed. I fought hard to get my pants off while shaking like crazy.
I called 911 and the ambulance took me to Shands Hospital, the ambulance guys, nurses and doctors were so nice and I gained a new respect for them. (I was told that I was one of the best patients they had in a while). They said I would be ok and that my burns would heal in two weeks.
This event made me look at my life and see that I have become lazy/set in my ways. I needed to really change because my house was becoming so dirty and so bad that I could not invite anyone in. I had some things rearranged to make it more accessible for me and moved the microwave to the table from the counter.
The message for you is don’t burn yourself LOL and make sure you are keeping a healthy and safe life. I know cleaning may be a little tough and takes time, but it needs to be done so do it!
Please share below any comments or stories you have of being burned.
Squeak not only for change but squeak at yourself!